18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD, 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 & 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD
TAMRON lenses awarded with three prestigious 2022-2023 EISA Awards
August 15, 2022, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the presentation by the Expert Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) of its EISA Awards to three TAMRON lenses: 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061) for "EISA TRAVEL ZOOM LENS 2022-2023," 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063) for "EISA STANDARD ZOOM LENS 2022-2023" and 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058) for "EISA ZOOM LENS 2022-2023". TAMRON has been honored with EISA Awards for 17 consecutive years. Plus, this year TAMRON wins three prestigious awards.
Excerpt from the Award Citation of the EISA Jury
18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061)
EISA TRAVEL ZOOM LENS 2022-2023
This is a fantastic lens for users of Fujiﬁlm and Sony APS-C mirrorless cameras who want to travel without a bag full of lenses. The wide zoom range, equivalent to 27-450mm in full-frame terms, gives the possibility to take photos and record movies in every kind of situation, from landscapes to distant details or wildlife. Furthermore, the effective ‘VC (Vibration Compensation)’ mechanism helps take sharp photos in low light conditions. With the minimum focus distance of 0.15m at the 18mm wide end and with high magniﬁcation (1:2), this lens is also very useful for close-up photography.
28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063)
EISA STANDARD ZOOM LENS 2022-2023
The image quality of TAMRON’s previous 28-75mm F2.8 (Model A036) standard zoom lens for the Sony E-mount was already very high, and the new 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 is even better. The optical construction has been fundamentally revised, including a new anti-reﬂection coating that further reduces ﬂare and ghosting. Compared to its predecessor, the autofocus is twice as fast thanks to TAMRON’s VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor and now the minimum focusing distance is just 18cm at a focal length of 28mm, giving a magniﬁcation of 1:2.7. In addition, the ergonomics have been improved and the lens can be customised using the TAMRON Lens UtilityTM software.
35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058)
EISA ZOOM LENS 2022-2023
TAMRON has developed a unique fast all-round lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. It offers outstanding optical quality and an extended zoom range. Thanks to its large aperture throughout the zoom range, it can potentially replace several prime lenses. The VXD focusing motor operates very quickly and with striking accuracy and works nicely with the Eye AF of Sony cameras. The optical design and latest coating offer outstanding sharpness and contrast – it’s a remarkable lens for location portraits and documentary photography, but also serves perfectly as a studio workhorse. Finally, a Connector Port and TAMRON Lens Utility software enables users customise functions or to update ﬁrmware.
About the EISA Award
The Expert Imaging and Sound Association is the community of 59 technology magazines, websites and social media commentators from 30 countries, specialising in hi-fi, home theatre, photo and video, in-car and mobile electronics. Every year the EISA jury of experts rewards the best products in each class with a coveted EISA Award.
EISA Award Winning TAMRON Lenses
The receipt of this prestigious award marks the 24th year TAMRON has won an EISA Award, and the 17th consecutive year since 2006. Plus, this year TAMRON wins three prestigious awards.
• 1992-1993 SP AF35-105mm F/2.8 Aspherical (Model 65D)
• 1993-1994 AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 Aspherical (Model 71D)
• 1997-1998 SP AF 90mm F/2.8 MACRO 〔1:1〕 (Model 72E)
• 1999-2000 AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Aspherical 〔IF〕 MACRO (Model 185D)
• 2000-2001 AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 Super II MACRO (Model 371D)
• 2002-2003 AF28-300mm Ultra Zoom XR F/3.5-6.3 LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 MACRO (Model A06)
• 2003-2004 SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 MACRO (Model A09)
• 2006-2007 SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 (Model A16)
• 2007-2008 AF18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 MACRO (Model A18)
• 2008-2009 AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 MACRO (Model A20)
• 2009-2010 AF18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical 〔IF〕 MACRO (Model B003)
• 2010-2011 SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD (Model A005)
• 2011-2012 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008)
• 2012-2013 SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007)
• 2013-2014 SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F004) & SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009)
• 2014-2015 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO (Model B016) & SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011)
• 2015-2016 SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A012)
• 2016-2017 SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F016)
• 2017-2018 SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Model A022) & 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD (Model B028)
• 2018-2019 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036) & 70-210mm F/4 Di VC USD (Model A034)
• 2019-2020 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A046) & 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD (Model A043)
• 2020-2021 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056) & 28-200mm F/2.8-5.6 Di III RXD (Model A071)
• 2021-2022 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD (Model B070), 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model B060) & 150-500mm F/5-6.7 Di III VC VXD (Model A057)
• 2022-2023 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061), 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063) & 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058)
About Tamron Co., Ltd.
Tamron provides a wide range of original optical products, from interchangeable lenses for digital cameras to various optical devices for both the general consumer and OEM. We make optical products that contribute to a range of different industries and will continue to devote its rich creativity and leading-edge technical prowess to various industrial fields. Furthermore, Tamron is fully aware of its responsibility to the environment and aspires to help preserve the natural environment in all its business activities.
Optical Product Line-up:
Interchangeable lenses for DSLR cameras, Interchangeable lenses for Mirrorless cameras, Surveillance camera lenses, FA and Machine vision lenses, Video conference lenses, Camera modules, Automotive lenses, Digital still camera lenses, Camcorder lenses, Drone lenses, and Lenses for medical applications