Tamron is founded by Takeyuki Arai.
The company is listed as Taisei Kogaku Kgyo Co., Ltd. starting capital: 2,5 Mio. Yen.
The world’s first mass produced zoom lens, the 95-205mm F6.3 is introduced. Zoom lenses become affordable and the market begins to boom.
The production facilities in Hirosaki in prefecture Aomori are completed.
The company’s name is changed to Tamron Co. Ltd. The name comes from 1959. It is derived from Uhyoue Tamura, a great designer of optical components, who laid the foundations of the company’s technical expertise.
The Adaptall system with “quick focus” mechanism and macro options is introduced.
Tamron Vertriebs GmbH, Germany is established.
An integrated video lens is developed.
The molding technology production facilities in Owani-machi, prefecture Aomori are completed. Here key high-precision plastic and metal components are manufactured.
Tamron celebrates 40th anniversary
The AF 28-300mm Ultra Zoom XR (Model A06) receives EISA Photo Award "Lens of the Year" 2002-2003 award.
The production facilities of Namioka and Owani achieve ISO9001 through their integration in the Hirosaki plant.
TAMRON receives EISA Photo Award "Lens of the Year" 2007-2008 for its 18-250mmF/3,5-6,3 Di-II.
TAMRON receives EISA Photo Award "Lens of the Year" 2008-2009 for its VC 28-300mm - the 10th time!
TAMRON receives EISA Photo Award "Travel Lens of the Year" 2009-2010 for its VC 18-270mm - the 11th time!