Dear users and potential purchasers of Tamron interchangeable lenses.
Thank you for using Tamron products.
This is an update regarding our announcement in March of compatibility issues between the 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC (Model B011) for Canon and the Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) body that was recently released into the market.
We are pleased to inform you of the firmware update service for Model B011 for Canon.
- 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC (Model B011) for Canon
- Firmware update will not be required for the serial numbers stated in the following linked page
The improvements expected as a result
- When used in combination with the Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M), the following behavior has been rectified.
1. An error notice will appear when shooting with aperture stop down (close the f stop).
2. When you remove the lens while the power is on and attach the lens again, it will freeze.
How to update the firmware
- For those who require firmware update service, please contact your local Tamron distributor for more details.
Note: This overwrite service will only apply to products which were legally and officially imported into the EU, Andorra, Gibraltar, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey or Ukraine, and distributed by an authorized Tamron Europe distributor (see also: Grey market).