Dear users and potential purchasers of Tamron products.
Thank you for continuous use of Tamron products.
We would like to announce that following symptom were found when using our Di and Di II series DSLR interchangeable lenses on Canon EOS R5/ EOS R6 used with Canon “Mount Adapter EF-EOS-R”.
Err 70 may occur during shooting.
(We have confirmed that it does not occur with EOS R and EOS RP.)
- SP 35mm F/1.4 Di USD (Model F045)
- SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F012)
- SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F013)
- SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F016)
- SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F017)
- SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A041)
- SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A032)
- SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A025)
- 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD (Model A037)
[How to recover]
When the Err 70 occurs, please turn off the power and put it on again or remove and insert the battery.
[How to reduce the frequency of errors]
Occurrence conditions differ depending on the model, but an error is more likely to occur when setting high-speed continuous shooting, small aperture, and high-speed shutter speed
Please try changing the camera settings as below.
- Set the drive mode to "single shot"
- Set the aperture to the open side or the shutter speed to slower.
- Set to lower ISO sensitivity.
We will continue to work on updating the firmware to match the mentioned cameras with each of the lenses. Please watch for further announcement on updated firmware.
We sincerely apologize to all users and potential purchasers for any inconvenience this issue may cause.