Announcement of Development: 2 MP/Full HD Compatible, 1/3"-format, 30x Zoom Lens for Board Cameras
2 MP/Full HD Compatible, 1/3"-format, 30x
Zoom Lens for Board Cameras
4.3-129mm F/1.6 (Model DF019)
Announcement of Development
Tamron Co., Ltd. (headquarters: Saitama City; President: Morio Ono) has proudly announced the development of a 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatible, 30x zoom lens for board cameras, with a 1/3" imager size, 4.3-129mm focal length, and an F/1.6 aperture(Model DF019).
Board cameras (PTZ-Dome, Bullet, Dome camera) are gaining popularity over box-type cameras throughout the security market due to their compact size and installation efficiency. One particular application, that of speed dome cameras* often used for outdoor surveillance, calls for higher quality monitoring over a greater distance. There are increasing requirements for compact lenses that are compatible with existing camera sizes, but that offer high-power zoom and deliver high-quality images. To meet these needs, Tamron has developed the Model DF019, a 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatible, 30x zoom lens. This newly developed model delivers truly reliable optical performance, from wide angles to telescopic ranges, in a compact size that fits in existing speed dome cameras.
* Speed dome camera: a high-speed camera offering 360° endless rotation with panning/tilting functions
1. Compact size lens offering a 30x optical zoom
- A compact size capable of fitting within a 90 mm chassis of nowadays common cameras.
- A wide range of angles, from the standard 4.3 mm to a telescopic 129 mm, all with a single lens.
2. 2 mega-pixel/Full HD optical performance across all zoom ranges
- Consisting of an aspherical lens and an LD lens to correct any color smear or other aberration on the telescopic side, providing 2 mega-pixel and Full HD compatibility for telescopic applications.
3. Enables 24-hour monitoring with a near-IR switching mechanism.
4. A high durability actuator is used to ensure performance under a variety of installation environments.
5. Provides monitoring at day and night, with a Day/Night switching function.
6. Features an environmentally-friendly design
* All design elements and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* This information is as of date (March 16, 2012).
* This product requires camera development.